BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 29 - Mrs Lovett

Last year for a function we went to, Hubby and I dressed as Sweeney Todd and Mrs Lovett. This is what I wore for the Mrs Lovett costume: the skirt is actually two skirts layered, from my wardrobe; the top I got from a thrift store and sewed some ruffled red fabric around the neckline; the corset I bought online, paid quite a bit of money for, but it has come in handy for a lot of these costumes which shows how versatile it is; the gloves are out of the dress-up box; and the rolling pin is out of the kitchen, I just smudged some whiteboard marker on it to look like blood.
This is a great couples costume idea, and if you don't want to buy the stuff to put it together, most costume hire places have this as an option. I think it probably cost as much to buy it as it would have to hire it, but now I get to keep it and wear it again. For Hubby's costume we had to hire the wig because we couldn't find one quite right to buy. It occurs to me now that I could make a yarn one, I wonder how that would look. The rest of his costume was bought from a thrift store or out of his wardrobe.

2 comments:

Miss Prudence said...

My goodness what an extensive wardrobe! You could start a theatre company . I do think i like mrs lovett best!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A GREAT SITE.....HUGS.....

Post a Comment