BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2 - 1920's


This is a costume that I have put together for a function we have to go to at the end of the year, Hubby's work are having a 1920's murder mystery night for their Xmas function.

This was put together mostly with stuff I already had in my wardrobe & jewellery box.
The skirt and top were mine. I got the little cardi to go over the top from a thrift store. The shoes I bought ages ago from a thrift store because they are vintage and really comfortable. The necklaces, bracelets and rings I already had. I made the headpiece from some trim, feathers, fabric, chain and a brooch I already had in my stash. So in total I only spent $2.00 on this costume. Obviously not everyone has pieces in their wardrobe that could fit into this theme, but these things are easily found at a thrift store. So many ready made 1920's costumes are the shiny flapper dresses, but the fashion of the time is really beautiful, and looks good on just about any body shape, I think.

To see my inspiration for this costume, check out my 1920's board on Pinterest.

2 comments:

Leonie said...

totally awesome costume! and what an awesome christmas party theme!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is just great! Again, you did good!

Post a Comment