BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Elephants Go Marching

While I seem to have a lot more crafting time lately, my blogging time has just dwindled. Little man has been sick on and off (more on than off) since winter started, and currently he has some kind of tired all the time bug, which means I have a lot more free time, even if I do spend that time worried that he is not eating or drinking enough and is it possible to sleep too much. Also, winter means a lot more time snuggled up on the couch under a blanket, so there has been more time for crochet and finishing projects that require hand sewing.

The elephant project started about a month ago, right before my sewing machine died, so I never got a chance to finish them. Well I still haven’t finished them all, but I am getting there with only three out of twelve left to sew. These are the ones I have finished recently….

P6280007 Meet Dot, she is a little baby elephant rattle, she has a bell inside that jingles when shaken and crinkly cellophane inside her legs.

P6280008 This is Elsie, she is MINE. I love this retro print fabric, even though others think it is hideous. She will be the guardian of my craft room (when I finally get a craft room).

P6280011 This is Annabelle, apparently she is from Antarctica. She is made from a soft corduroy, so nice and cuddly.

P6280014 And these two don’t have names yet.

P6280015 I have also had a few trials at making other animals/creatures, but I don’t like them as much as the elephants. In case it’s not completely obvious, that’s a taggie hedgehog and a (very skinny) Scotty dog.

P6280017 And a bunch of fish, which are almost complete, but some still need to have eyes sewn on or holes sewn up. I haven’t got rods yet, at the moment little princess is using a rather dangerous, pointy ended, too long, make-do fishing rod to play with them.

Don’t ask me what I am going to do with all these softies, I haven’t got a clue, I just like making them. Maybe they will go in my Felt store one day, if I ever get around to setting that up. Or they will just stay in the cupboard until I need a gift for a baby/child.

Linking to Anything Related @ All Thingz Related and Craftastic Monday @ Sew Can Do (see buttons on sidebar).

3 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

How great are your elephants! Love the second one especially...I hope the little man is on the mend, I have a sick little fella at the moment & hubby's been sick for 4 days (glad to see him off to work tomorrow!)...

Jingle said...

Oh, my goodness! Look at all of them! They are fabulous! So adorable!

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Hi! You’ve got an awesome blog here. I’d love it if you’d stop by my blog sometime. I host a link up party every Tuesday for crafts, activities, recipes and ideas for toddlers. I’d love for you to link up some of your cool ideas:
http://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/
Have a great day!

Post a Comment