BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Busy as a bee with birthdays

It’s been a WHOLE WEEK since I posted anything on my blog. Every morning I start the day with a plan, what I want to create, what I want to blog about, what I need to do around the house, and anything else that needs to be done. Unfortunately the needs must come before the wants, and there really hasn’t been enough time for the wants lately.

Last weekend the presents were a big hit, with the children and adults (I’m pretty sure the adults spent more time “fishing” than the kids).

Tomorrow my little princess turns THREE! The panic begins because 3 whole years have gone by already since I was just a regular twenty-something girl with no plans to ever have a family. I only have TWO MORE YEARS until my little girl goes to school. That means I have to learn to drive and get my licence within 2 years. Cringe.

So these last few weeks have been all about birthday preparations, and I am so happy that we are nearing the end, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. No more pink cake, discussions on three year old tea party etiquette or hunts across town for tea pots.

Having a little princess who goes to daycare means I am obligated to make 2 cakes (one for daycare, one for home). That could even be extended to 3 cakes, but she will not be having cake at home tomorrow night, because it really can’t be good for kids to eat that much birthday cake in one week, right?? So we created, by request, a pink heart orange cake for daycare (it’s pink on the outside and orange on the inside, with chocolate chips added in just for fun).

P6090001 I almost like this one better than the one we are having for her party on Saturday, but this took a bit more time and effort, and at this stage I am all about taking the easy option.

So when the little miss wakes up in the morning, this is what she will find.

P6090004We wrapped her presents with fabric, because I have LOADS of it, and it is reusable, so it won’t make a heap of rubbish to get rid of. Looks pretty cute too, I think.

Even though I’ve been a busy birthday bee, I have had some time for thrifting and crafting, I just haven’t had time to write about it, so I’ll have to do some catch up after the PARTY!! Still no sewing machine (damn spotlight, why bother having online shopping, it would have been quicker for me to walk there and get it myself, all the way to ROTORUA!!) but when it arrives I will be ready. I am so happy I finally learnt to crochet, it is great to sit in front of the TV occasionally and crochet, so I don’t feel like I’m wasting my time doing nothing because I am still creating.

If you want to do something fun, you should join in on The Envelope Project, I have, and I’m super excited to see what everyone sends in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment