BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A few things I’ve made

P5040526

I thought I would share a few things I have made recently, all using materials found at Funky Junk.

I made a drawstring bag to use as a gift bag for my MIL’s mothers day gift. I liked the idea of a fabric gift bag because it is reusable, not necessarily as a gift bag, but to hold delicates, jewellery, makeup for travelling, for example. The fabric and the lace used as drawstrings were from funky junk. I hand sewed the bag, using thread given to me by a great crafter from my craft group. So this bag cost me nothing to make, and I think it is lovely.

P5040527 I also made this pin cushion using vintage curtain fabric and a little pottery bowl found at funky junk. I can see myself making more of these, because they are so quick and easy, and CUTE! I got the idea from a tutorial for making teacup pin cushions found here, but I didn’t add extra details, because I thought it looked pretty cute as is. I do plan to make a super embellished teacup version, using cups & saucers that will be left after the Tea Party.

P5040529

This is a work in progress, a dress for my daughter. Everything used so far to make this, except the buttons, was found at funky junk. The main fabric is polar fleece, and the peice I found was quite big, because even after cutting out the peices for this dress there’s still a lot left. If I ever get around to it, I would like to make mittens to match, and maybe a scarf. Oh, and a hat would be cute too, but she is not a hat person (much to my absolute horror, she won’t wear anything on her head, that includes headbands, hair ties, hairclips, or anything remotely cute and girly that I would love to make for her).

On a totally different topic, I have TWO new followers since my last post, so that number is creeping up and I am shocked and amazed, but totally thrilled and looking forward to giveaway time.

Linking up to Anything Related Tuesday at All Thingz Related. Go have a look to see a whole lot more crafty projects, and browse through their awesome blog to see the great things they have made. Also linking up to Wednesday at Tea Rose Home link party, another beautiful blog with heaps of great ideas and tutorials.

All Thingz Related

3 comments:

Steph said...

Such lovely things! I especially love that little dress. Looking forward to seeing it all finished :)

Unknown said...

My favorite is the pin cushion! Thanks for joining us for Anything Related!
~Bridgette

Sachiko said...

How sweet! I love the pin cushion, the fabric you used is so pretty. Thank you so much for linking to my party and sharing your creations!

Post a Comment