BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

99 Things

I can’t blog surf tonight because we have once again used up all our bandwidth in less than 2 weeks, and waiting for pages to load on this super slow connection is driving me mad. So I found this on Kelly’s blog, Reclaiming Me, and thought I might as well fill it out. It’s pretty boring, because I haven’t travelled a lot and most of the questions are about places and things around the world. It’s just something to fill in the time, and this space.

Started your own blog – Yup.
Slept under the stars – yes, and it was not a fun experience.
Played in a band - No but I always wanted to, just never got the chance to learn any instruments except piano.
Visited Hawaii - not yet.
Watched a meteor shower – no.
Given more than you can afford to charity – no.
Been to Disneyworld - no, not really on my list of must dos.
Climbed a mountain - yes, a long time ago.
Held a praying mantis – yes, I’m the only one in our house that will go anywhere near them, so I am on bug removal duty.
Sang a solo – does singstar count?
Bungee jumped – no.
Visited Paris – no.
Watched a lightening storm – yes, but I don’t like it, it’s scary.
Taught yourself an art from scratch - yes, a few.
Adopted a child – no.
Had food poisoning – yes, and I will never eat luncheon again.
Walked to the top of The Statue Of Liberty – no.
Grown your own veg – I don’t think so, I’m not a gardener, I have never been able to keep plants alive for long.
Seen the Mona Lisa in France – no.
Slept on an overnight train – I don’t think so, but possibly in egypt.
Had a pillow fight - long, long time ago!
Hitch hiked – yeah, kinda. Didn’t actually accept a ride though.
Taken a sick day when you're not ill – yes.
Built a snow fort – No, I DO NOT like snow, yuk!
Held a lamb – I think so, when I was little.
Gone skinnydipping – Ummm, maybe, but I think I may have been intoxicated at the time.
Run a marathon – No.
Ridden in a gondola in Venice – no.
Seen a total eclipse - don't think so.
Watched a sunrise or sunset – yes.
Hit a home run – no.
Been on a cruise – yes, on the Nile. Would LOVE to go on another longer one on the ocean.
Seen Niagara Falls in person – no.
Visited the birthplace of your ancestors – no.
Seen an Amish community – no.
Taught yourself a new language – Not really. Hubby has been trying to teach me Afrikaans for the 10 years we have been together, I can understand it a lot more than I can speak it.
Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I think no matter how much money we have, it will never be enough.
Seen the Tower Of Pisa in person – no.
Gone rock climbing - not rock climbing but did abseiling at camp when I was a kid.
Seen Michelangelo's David – not the real thing.
Sung Karaoke – does singstar count?
Seen Old Faithful – no.
Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant – no.
Visited Africa – Yes, only Egypt.
Walked on a beach by moonlight – yes.
Been transported in an ambulance – no.
Had your portrait painted – no.
Gone deep sea fishing – yes, I love fishing.
Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower – no.
Gone scuba diving – no.
Kissed in the rain – yes I think so, a loooong time ago.
Played in the mud - of course!
Gone to a drive-in theatre – no.
Been in a movie – Do short films made at art school count?
Visited the Great Wall Of China – no.
Started your own business – Sold my jewellery for a while, someday I’ll try selling my handmade stuff again, when I have more time.
Taken a martial arts class – no.
Visited Russia – no.
Served in a soup kitchen – no.
Sold Girl Scout cookies – girl guide cookies, yes.
Gone whale watching – not deliberately, but have seen some while out on boats and stuff.
Got flowers for no reason – No, I don’t like flowers and anyone who knows me should know that so I don’t get them.
Donated blood – yes.
Gone sky diving – no.
Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – no.
Bounced a cheque – no.
Flown in a helicopter – no.
Saved a favourite childhood toy - yes, I have a few dolls and teddies and a huge bucketful of lego.
Visited the Lincoln Memorial – no.
Eaten caviar - eww, no thanks.
Pieced a quilt – no but it’s on my to-do list.
Stood in Times Square – no.
Toured The Everglades – no.
Been fired from a job – no.
Seen the Changing Of The Guard in London – no.
Broken a bone – no.
Been a passenger on a motorcycle – once when I was a kid and I burned my leg, haven’t done it again since.
Seen The Grand Canyon – no.
Published a book - no, but I'd love to write a book some day.
Visited the Vatican – no.
Bought a brand new car – no.
Walked in Jerusalem – no.
Had your picture in the newspaper – yes, when I had my son, but that doesn’t really count.
Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Years Eve – yes, also a looooong time ago.
Visited the White House – no.
Killed and prepared an animal for eating – yuck, no!
Had chickenpox – yes.
Saved someone's life – no.
Sat on a jury – no.
Met someone famous – I feel like I have, when we lived in wellington, but I can’t remember who it was, so can’t have been anyone too exciting.
Joined a book club – no.
Had a tattoo – yes, 3.
Had a baby - yes, 2.
Seen The Alamo in person – no.
Swam in The Great Salt Lake – no.
Been involved in a lawsuit – no.
Owned a cell phone – yes, many.
Been stung by a bee – yes.
Performed on stage in a capital city – no.

Now it’s only 9:30, everyone else is in bed, and I have nothing to do. This never happens. It’s times like this I wish I had a craft room, so I could get my craft on without waking everyone up.

One day.

Soon I hope!

0 comments:

Post a Comment