My first attempt at patchwork, and I think it turned out pretty good. It's not perfect, my blocks don't line up perfectly and some of my seams are a bit iffy. But I just love the colours together. I used up some scraps of floral print fabric with a fat quarter of red polkadot fabric I got as part of another swap, and the back of the cushion is from a shirt hubby didn't want anymore.
So the cushion didn't cost me anything to make, it's a total stash buster! I don't know if you can see it in the photo above, but the shirt had a breast pocket so I included that on the cushion, to be used for holding remote controls, tissues, maybe a lavender sachet, or anything really. Now I'm going to have to make more of these, one day, I'll add it to my miles long list of things to make again when I have time.
By the way, the pillow that you can see peeking out from behind my cushion was a project from a few months ago that hubby and I made for little princess. It was made using a hula hoop, weaving strips of cut up t-shirts. The tutorial we used was meant to make a rug, but our finished circle was too small to be a rug so we made it into a cushion just by cutting a circle of t-shirt fabric slightly bigger than our "rug", cutting slits all around the edges and tying it to the fringes around the outside of the "rug". The result is a super soft and cuddly pillow.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone