BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This Week’s Creations

latest 2804

Life has been pretty busy lately, and crafting time has been sparse. Here are a few things I have managed to create in the last few days:

Vintage Style Glass – this is a glass that sits on my desk and collects little bits of rubbish, paper scraps etc. Its been serving this purpose for several months now, with an ugly lizard sticker stuck to it, but it never occurred to me that I could make it pretty, until yesterday. So I stuck on some images found here (they were free when I got them, no watermarks, but that was for a limited time only) using mod podge, wrapped some natural twine around the bottom and tied it in a little bow, then attached some tea-dyed lace around the rim with mod podge as well. Now it’s the cutest little rubbish bin ever.

Collage on canvas – Created using some images from The Graphics Fairy (you can download a pdf of the butterflies here), and more of the same images used on the glass. I did this today, but I haven’t decided if it is finished yet. I feel like it needs something else…..but I can’t decide what, I need another opinion. So if you have any suggestions please leave a comment.

Wooden “NEST” plaque – Created using the image here, all I did was paint a bit of wood I saved from the in-laws dump trailer white, stuck the printed out word on with mod podge, added a bit of brown paint to shabby it up a bit and covered the whole thing with mod podge.

The thing I love about all three projects – They were quick, easy and cheap/free! That's my favourite kind of craft project. However, my mod podge is now running very low, and I’m sad, because I don’t know when I will be able to afford more.


giveaways

1 comments:

Steph said...

They are lovely!! I could take shares in the mod podge company too :)

Post a Comment