1. Cut a piece of fabric 105 x 50 cm.
2. Fold in half lengthwise, right sides together. Sew along the open long side.
3. Turn fabric tube right side out. Feel free to iron at this point, and you could even top stitch along the long sides (with an impatient 4 year old standing at my side the whole time, I kinda had to leave out these steps).
4. On one end, fold the sides of the tube in so they meet in the middle, pin in place.
5. On the other end of the tube, fold in the raw edges about 1cm.
6. Place the folded end inside the open end so that they overlap by a couple of cm.
7. Fold the sides under and pin.
8. This is what it should look like underneath. Sew a couple of times across the overlapping part.
9. Put it over your little prince or princess's shoulder, add a baby doll (or a bright blue doll called Ponyo) and watch hours of happy family imaginative play :)