BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Recent Thrifty Finds

I don’t really have anything crafty to show, because all I have been doing for the last few days is housework, in preparation for our rental inspection today. So I thought I would show some of my most favourite thrifty finds from recent op-shopping sprees.

DSC00601

By far my most exciting find this year were these vintage flower frogs. I have been drooling over these on other peoples blogs for a while, thinking I would never find any at the op-shops I visit. So when I found them I just about did a happy dance. They are now living on the windowsill in my craft room, displaying cards I have made.

DSC00598

This egg cup was in a bag with a few other plain metal egg cups, but I had to get the whole bag just so I could have this one. It has the perfect aged patina, and its shape is just gorgeous. I want to make it into a pincushion, but I really don’t need another pincushion, and I don’t want to give it away, so I’m not sure what will happen to it.

DSC00597

Little white metal bucket, looks pretty boring now, but it is destined for a shabby chic makeover.

DSC00600

And this little brooch. I tried to Google it to see if it is vintage, but I couldn't find anything like it. Something about it reminds me of my childhood, so I’m thinking it could be from the 80’s. Is the 80’s considered vintage yet?

It’s been a while, but I’m linking up with a few parties – Apron Thrift Girl , Her Library Adventures & Joyful Treasure Hunting.

3 comments:

Zara said...

Those flower frogs are a great find. I'm on the look out for them too.
Zara

Becky (Hazel and Blue) said...

I love the blue brooch, it's very vintage and does remind me of my youth too. Your egg cup looks medieval English, I think it would great with a boiled egg and soilders on the side. B

Jingle said...

Oh, your square frogs are amazing! I have a small collection (working on growing it!), but I don't have any square ones yet! Those are really old, too! Very cool!

Post a Comment