BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I just can't stop

My latest addiction is watching craft tutorials on YouTube. I can't stop. If you have ever watched a YouTube video before, you will know that after watching one video it comes up with a bunch of related videos you might be interested in. This is a dangerous cycle which is hard to get out of, when there are so many great craft videos available.

Anyway, I found one particular video which I think is great, because it appeals to my whole philosophy of upcycling junk into Junque. My favourite materials to use in crafting are basically rubbish, things that other people have thrown away, stuff that would otherwise go to landfill.

This video shows how to make sturdy, grungy looking pages for mini scrapbooks out of plastic bags. But this idea can be used for lots of things, I have seen fused plastic bags made into a kind of fabric to make reusable tote bags, purses, and all kinds of things.



You can also see the video of the finished scrapbook here, and you wouldn't believe some of the junk she has reused to make this gorgeous mini scrapbook. You should also check out her other videos, she has so many fantastic tutorials.

0 comments:

Post a Comment