BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 13, 2010

Moving On

We have sold our house, YAY!!! The paperwork is not finalised yet, but I’m fairly sure it will all go through without a hitch, and we will be moving very soon. I have been madly trying to find us somewhere to move to, which ticks all the boxes and is affordable, and I think I may have found somewhere. I don’t want to get too attached, because it may not work out, but I am already planning my new craft room. Really, I am going to have a craft room no matter where we end up living, because that is my main requirement. All I want for my birthday is a craft room :) Here’s some inspiration I found on Flickr.

craft room inspiration

1. Craft room, 2. Craft Room: Updated!, 3. Untitled, 4. 3 studio desks - overview - best view in large size!, 5. Where Women Create Blog Party, 6. My Playroom, 7. A corner in my studio, 8. MY CRAFT ROOM, 9. Scrapbook Room, 10. Craft Room, 11. My Creative Space November 25, 12. Mini Vintage Fabric Bunting, 13. Mini Vintage Fabric Bunting, 14. New Chair, 15. Untitled, 16. First pics of my Craft Room

While browsing through all the amazing images on Flickr I found a most gorgeous and drool-worthy photostream, and I am totally in love with EVERY.SINGLE.PHOTO. And she also has a pretty awesome blog, totally worth checking out.

Believe it or not, I have actually started packing. The problem I have is that there is nowhere to put all the boxes that are being packed. They are currently piled up in just about every spare “edge” of room, and soon there will just be small walkways to allow us to get from one room to the next. Small sacrifice to make in order to get a MUCH bigger house.

Funny thing is (at least I think so) the thing I am most excited about is getting to wash, iron and stack all my fabric, which is currently stored all scrunched up in bags stashed in different parts of the house. The downside is, I won’t be able to do any thrifting or bring home anything from funky junk until after we have moved, because it’ll just be more stuff to pack.

In my life I have packed and moved so many times you would think by now I’d be a pro, but I just can’t get my head around where to start, so I’ve ended up packing a couple of boxes of kitchen stuff, then moved onto the bathroom, then the bedroom, then the lounge…..the result is a bit chaotic. I guess once we have a definite home to move to and a date I will be able to focus more.

I don’t think there will be any crafting happening until after the move, and I’m probably gonna be pretty busy packing, so my little blog might get a bit neglected in the next few weeks. I hope you understand :)

6 comments:

A Life Less Complicated said...

argh! I shouldn't have looked at that photostream! Are you going for a 3 or 4 bed? I know what you mean about packing - unpacking is the worst for me although there is usually someone all too willing to unpack for me. I'd love a big shelving unit for my stash :) Good luck finding the perfect place

Leonie said...

Oh those pictures are totally drool worthy!!! I am with you there on the moving thing - done it so many times I can't count, moved three times just in our first year in Oz!Good luck on finding your perfect place with the perfect craft room - cant wait to see pictures when you've got it all set up :)

Richard C. Lambert said...

Thank you very much for this great post. los angeles movers

Herbert M. Reed said...

Hi! Thanks for the great information you havr provided! You have touched on crucuial points! santa monica moving services

Mac Millan said...

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. fischervanlines.com

Richard C. Lambert said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine. Movers and packers in Dubai

Post a Comment