BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Great Sunday Bake-Off Adventure

Last weekend we attended a bake-off at a friend’s house. The original idea was for this to be like an old fashioned housewives get together and compare recipes kind of thing,  so I thought it would be good to give a hostess gift.

Spread your Wings Mini Album

I had far too many photos of the album to put them all into one blog post, so I made them into a video. Some of the photos are a bit on the dark side, because the sun kept coming and going. This video was meant to play to the track of Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac, but apparently that is illegal, so you’ll just have to use your imagination or play this video at the same time.

I also went dressed to theme, kind of. The theme was supposed to be fifties housewife, but I’m much more into the 70’s, so I went dressed as a 70’s housewife (thinking along the lines of kitty from “that 70’s show” only younger). I don’t have a photo of what I was wearing, but it was something like this, only green.

pg-menopause-moments-on-the-big-and-small-screen-03-full

Image via google image search

The baking part was a bit of a disaster. The lesson learnt, don’t make something for the first time the day before you need to take it to an event. The first attempt at cupcakes (white chocolate mud cakes) was a disaster, and we were left with very little ingredients to work with. So I went with a simple, but delicious, chocolate cake recipe for the second lot, and they at least turned out the right shape and texture, but I had no idea how they would taste. I made buttercream icing for the first time as well, and attempted to make it bright purple, but the colouring was a bit difficult with liquid food colouring. On the day it was made the icing tasted very buttery (a child commented to his mum that it was just purple butter), but we bought some home with us afterwards and the next day they were delicious, so in future I will make and ice cupcakes with buttercream icing the day before they are intended to be eaten. The cupcakes were decorated with a few gold edible beads, and I think they actually looked quite cute in the end.

rhi photos1

On a totally different topic, the winner of my party favours giveaway was Hera, who’s little girl turned four and got a new baby brother for her birthday, so I threw in a few extra gifts.

**(I Have been trying to upload this post for a week, but I’ve had slow internet so it’s been impossible!)**

1 comments:

DeXaNiX said...

Damn they look tasty! I saw them on Sarah's FB page ( I think it was sarah's anyway). Good work!

Post a Comment